Look below for resources regarding relocation to Pike Road.

Utility Information

Utility Company Site Phone
Electricity Dixie Electric Cooperative (334)-288-1163
Water Water (334)-206-1600
Cable, Internet & Telephone AT&T U-verse (877)-736-0890
Natural Gas Southeast Alabama Gas District (334)-382-2643
Sewer ADENUS (888)-423-3687
Trash Pickup AmWaste (334)-625-1700

Who manages animal control issues in the Town of Pike Road?

Animal control is performed by the Montgomery Humane Society. Their phone number is (334) 409-0622, ext. 208.

How do I register to vote or find my polling place in Pike Road?

Voter registration is handled by the Montgomery County Board of Registrars, located at 100 S. Lawrence St. in Montgomery. Contact their office by calling (334) 832-1215, or online here.

How can I be sure my home is zoned for the Pike Road school system?

As of Fall 2019, all K-12 residents of The Orchards will be zoned for Pike Road Schools. Currently, only learners in the 12th grade attend Montgomery Public Schools in the 2018-19 school year.

What is the sales tax in Pike Road?

The total sales tax in Pike Road is 8.75%, which is a combination of county and state taxes (6.5%) and local sales tax (2.25%).

How can I recycle in Pike Road?

We encourage all interested residents to utilize the new containers available at Town Hall located at 9575 Vaughn Road, Pike Road, Alabama 36064.

Acceptable Items include:  
  • Plastics #1 & #2
  • Paper
  • Aluminum
  • Cardboard

Who should I call in case of an emergency in Pike Road?

Pike Road police protection is provided by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office. In case of emergency, the Sheriff’s Office can be reached by dialing 911. For non-emergency situations, call (334) 832-4980. Pike Road enjoys great fire and accident protection provided by the Pike Road, Rolling Hills Lakes and Waugh/Mt. Meigs departments. In case of emergency, the fire stations can be reached by dialing 911. Non-emergency numbers are as follows:
Pike Road VFD
Rolling Hills Lakes VFD
Waugh/Mt. Meigs VFD

Where is the Pike Road post office?

The Pike Road Post Office is located on Pike Road just north of the Vaughn Road intersection. For information regarding your mail, contact the USPS by calling (800) 275-8777 (ASK-USPS) or call the Pike Road Post Office directly at (334) 215-0098.

How do I change my address?

You can find a link to the Change of Address form here.

Where is the Pike Road library?

The Pike Road branch library is located in the Pike Road Station complex near the corner of Vaughn and Pike Roads. The Pike Road library is open Tuesday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. For more information, contact the library at (334) 244-8679.

How do I dispose of large trash or debris items?

The Montgomery County Commission and Advanced Disposal offer free trash drop-off sites throughout the county on the last Saturday of the month. Pike Road’s drop-off site is the County Maintenance Shop, located across Meriwether Road from the Feed Lot (near the intersection of Meriwether and Pike Roads). For details regarding acceptable and unacceptable drop-off items, contact the Montgomery County Clean City Commission at (334) 241-2175.